Conveniently located to serve Maui.
CryotherapyStay Strong, Stay Young
Awazul is Maui’s only comprehensive wellness spa to offer Cryosauna, Local Cryo, and Cryo Facials.
Our mission is to offer a way to combat, heal and get relief from the three most common causes of feeling unwell – inflammation, stress, and toxicity.
Cryotherapy uses your body’s natural reaction to extreme cold temperatures. This completely dry and non-invasive facial uses nitrogen vapors to shrink pores and tighten skin on contact. Eliminate fine lines and blemishes, help heal scars, and reduce the appearance of brown spots and puffiness all in 12 minutes. No need to take your makeup off. No post-recovery time! Just, you, less puffy, bright-eyed, and glowing!
Whole Body Cryotherapy
From elite athletes to weekend warriors, cryotherapy can do more in three minutes than a one-hour ice bath. It brings relief to muscular aches and soreness by reducing inflammation and oxygenating and supplying key nutrients to the blood.
As a result, the body heals significantly faster!
Speed your recovery! Amp your training! Feel better! Sleep better! Boost your immunity! Decrease pain! Decrease inflammation!
Cryo Facial – Get Your Glow On
This relaxing facial is completely dry and non-invasive. It uses nitrogen vapors to shrink pores and tighten skin on contact. It helps eliminate fine lines and blemishes, improves scar healing, reduces the appearance of brown spots and puffiness, all in 12 minutes! No need to take your makeup off. No post-recovery time! Just, beautiful you, less puffy, bright eyed, and glowing!
Try a scalp cryo to activate your hair follicles, improve hair loss, add shine and body to your hair.
Cryotherapy sounds a bit scary. What makes it feel good?
The 3 minute treatment reduces inflammation and releases endorphins that help alleviate pain, boost energy and metabolism, and increase the body’s natural healing abilities. It gives you a burst of energy similar to the “runner’s high”
I’m trying to get into shape. In other words, I’m no Tom Brady. Is Cryo safe for me?
As long as you don’t have a medical condition that would be worsened by the vasoconstriction and vasodilation that is the main effect of cryo, (see list below) anyone can do cryo. From the elite athlete, the weekend warrior, the post-op patient, the person that is in chronic pain looking for an alternative form of relief, the person with migraines, chronic fatigue, to the person wishing to lose weight or stay youthful cryo is the way to restore.
Who Should Not Do Whole Body Cryotherapy?
Anybody with the following conditions can do local cryo only:
- Known Heart Disease or Pacemakers
- Heart bypass or valvular disease
- Heart Arrhythmia or Atrial Fibrillation
- Congestive heart failure
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Intrathecal pain pump or any electro stimulation implant device
- People with any chronic or acute kidney condition
- Pregnant women
- History of seizure disorders
- Cold allergies such as hives from cold
- Blood disorders (such as hemophilia or blood clots)
- Any major circulatory dysfunction (such as deep vein thrombosis)
- Raynaud’s , Peripheral artery disease? (bad circulation)
- Any open wounds, sores, or healing disorders
- People being treated for cancer
- Anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol
How do you prevent me from getting frostbite?
The cases of frostbite exist in centers that disregard the safety measures that need to be followed every time you are dealing with Nitrogen and extreme cold temperatures. At Awazul, our cryo professionals are trained on the risks of frostbite, directly by our founder, a Medical Doctor.
We provide gloves and booties similar to those you wear while in the snow. During your session, you’re monitored from start to finish.
What can I do to be safe in the cryosauna?
Damp or wet skin can get frostbite. If you’re sweaty from a workout, or were at the beach, have wet socks or damp boxers, you could get frostbite. You must be dry.
A Cryofacial is relaxing, but does it improve my skin?
- A Cryofacial activates collagen production resulting in smoother, tighter, more even skin tone.
- A Cryofacial Plumps up the skin and diminishes fine lines and the signs of aging.
- A Cryofacial Stimulates cellular regeneration and promotes mild exfoliation leading to a refreshed and renewed glow.
- A Cryofacial is a great treatment for acne. The cold temperature naturally kills the bacteria that lives on the skin causing the acne as well as diminishes the inflammation.
- Cryo's Anti-Inflammatory effect greatly improves skin disorders such as eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis and acne, while increased circulation brings nutrients to the skin and scalp. This reduces puffiness in the face and brightens dark circles, contributing to a refreshed, well-rested appearance.
- Cryotherapy can also bring life and shine to thinning or dull hair. We treat the scalp to stop hair loss on its tracks
The Awazul goal is to enhance our patient’s well-being and positive self-image. We have a highly trained, experienced team that is passionate about aesthetics and providing positive outcomes for our clients. We offer leading-edge treatments for world-class results. We invite you to view our gallery of the noninvasive treatments we offer here at Awazul. Talking story is free. Call us at (808) 891-2485 to exchange insight and to determine if Awazul can help you meet your goals.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I feel good and hopeful now. I have lost weight, I have more energy and I feel that I can overcome the obstacles that were in my path to being really healthy. The challenges of balancing my medications, healthy eating habits (especially my binge eating) and aversion to exercise have been addressed with the support of Dr. Sonya Hansen. My depression has lifted and great changes are happening. Not only have I lost a lot of weight, but I can begin to see my own strength through this process. With gratitude for turning the page.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Losing weight with Dr. Sonya Hansen is a great and radical experience. Because it changes not only the way you look but your lifestyle. It's not just a way to lose weight but a lifestyle adjustment. She introduces the changes that you can incorporate into your life forever. I'm very happy! I look great but more importantly, she taught me to have a different relationship with food. I lost 16 pounds and the best part is that I've kept them off for a year. Thank you Dr. Hansen
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
"I'm in my 40's and I workout rigorously 5-6 times a week! I am so delighted with my results after 7 laser treatments at Awazul! I saw results immediately and increased my physical activity because my body was transforming in front of my eyes! I concentrated 5 treatments on my abs and butt! I've never seen my abs so defined and my butt lifted! I did two treatments on my back and arms ! I truly feel that the laser helped sculpt away some fat to show the muscles that already existed! As an avid fitness fan, I love seeing results! I continue to workout hard and love knowing that I have Awazul as a great resource for me."